Sunday, 17 June 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

No, I haven't gone mad! (Well, maybe I have, but that's a subject for a whole other post.) Christmas has come early to a corner of my sitting room rug (OK, to the entire sitting room...and the bedroom...and most of the bits inbetween. I should probably hoover before Mike gets back), because I've decided that my wedding present for Su and Barry is going to be Christmas decorations! And yes, I know that they've been married for two weeks already, and that Christmas decorations are a somewhat unconventional gift for a June wedding, but hey, at least I don't have to worry that someone else has given them the same thing. (Besides, this is what you get for not having a wedding list! I used to despise the idea of wedding lists, but now I have decided that they are a Most Excellent Thing, saving your guests many hours of anxiety, and eliminating the possibility that one of them will have the bright idea to present you with homemade Christmas ornaments in midsummer.)


Ta-daaa! You can't really tell from the picture (must learn what all the funny buttons on my camera actually do), but they're padded and (this you almost certainly can't tell from the picture, unless you're lucky enough to be possessed of x-ray vision) each is stuffed with a few cloves so that they smell appropriately Christmassy. I'm planning on making about twenty in a range of different designs, but so far these three have eaten up £6.83 of this week's budget, so I might have to reign my artistic ambitions in a bit for the rest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

like the stars, are they glued or sewn? I take it you mean the £6 for all 20 and not just for those 3?

greekDolly x :)

Anonymous said...

Love the decorations, very creative. Would love to see some christmas tree and snow man examples! Think it's a highly innovative and ingenious wedding present idea.

Boffcat said...

Ohh, I hadn't thought of snowmen! There are definitely some Chistmas trees in the works though. And greekDolly, much as it shames me to admit this, the £6 only covers the three I've made so far (which are sewn - if you click on the picture it actually brings up a huuuge version, in which my dodgy seamstress-ship is all too apparent). Hopefully I shouldn't need many more materials to make the rest, though - my budget may yet survive the week...

Anonymous said...

ooohoohoo christmas soon