Monday, 10 March 2008

Progress! It's not much to look at, but this is how far along I am with the Aleita Shell (henceforth to be referred to as the Unpronounceable Shell):
You can't tell from the picture (this seems to be a bit of a recurring theme with my photography), but I've added a row of eyelets at the top, just before dividing for the front, so that when it's finished I'll be able to weave through an underbust ribbon. Work's ground to a halt for now though, as I need to buy a smaller crochet hook for the next step. In the meantime I'm toying with the idea of casting on a modified version of this; modified because I have the shoulders of a quarterback and spaghetti straps make me look like an unconvincing drag queen.

And on that pleasant image I'm off to forage for food. Pip pip!

No comments: