Saturday, 12 April 2008

Um...bonjour! (This is the sum total of what I've retained from six years' worth of French lessons. Ah, the good old British education system...) I'm currently in Haute-Savoie with a dial-up internet connection (remember those?) and a mother who's displaying a previously undisclosed belief that champagne is the most suitable accompaniment for all meals. I haven't quite decided which of those factors I'm going to claim as the excuse for not showing you progress on the Surplice Bodice Camisole, so take your pick! The camisole and I will be back next week in slightly more presentable states.

2 comments:

gilda said...

i love your little blue puppet. i want to learn french! (is it that hard to remember? haha!)

i would like to start learning to knit and crochet like a pro too. i can only do super basic things. everytime i pick up a book to try out patterns, the instructions give me a headache. :(

Boffcat said...

Much as I'd like to blame the French language for being un-rememberable, I think it's just my brain! If you managed Japanese, though, French'll be a walk in the park in comparison :)

And knitting instructions sometimes give me a bit of a headache, too, but I find that things often suddenly make sense when you try and actually do them rather than just reading about them. Good luck!